Lamb Roast Recipe
If you fancy something quite different this Weekend, have a classic lamb roast recipe which has a French touch. What’s more, I have extra two excellent recipes for boulangère potatoes and redcurrant gravy to present your food a real traditional experience.
2 red onions, sliced up 1 garlic bulb, cut in half 2kg leg of lamb Zest and juice of two lemons, keep shells. Small number of sprigs of thyme Boulangère potatoes and redcurrant gravy, to provide from the storecupboard 3tsp essential olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C/200C Fan/Gas 7. Put it 2 chopped up red onions and 2 halves of the garlic bulb in a cooking plate. Fill over 3tbsp water.
- Make 10-15 cuts on the 2kg leg of lamb and place onto the onions. Combine at the same time the zest and juice of two lemons, 3tbsp olive oil and ½tsp pepper then massage in to the lamb.
- Put on the lemon shells to the cooking tray. Put sprigs of thyme inside the slits, flavor and cook for 20 min’s, after that reduce the cooker to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5, spoon any juices all over the lamb and cook for 80 minutes for medium to well done (or perhaps to your liking).
- Remove lamb, cover up with foil and leave it for 10 minutes before serving with boulangère potatoes and redcurrant gravy.
Your Lamb Roast With Boulangère Potatoes
This simple delectable dish got its name from the word for baker in French. As soon as the bread was made for a day, villagers bring their own bags of potatoes into the bakery and cook them inside the ovens as they cooled down.
1.5kg Maris Piper potatoes, sliced up as thick as the single lb coin a couple of shallots, thinly sliced up 50g butter 700ml lamb stock.
- Layer the potatoes in a buttered, short, ovenproof container with all the shallots, covering half the butter in between layers.
- Pour in the warm lamb stock to come level together with the surface of the potatoes and add in using the excess butter. Cook in the oven at 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5 for 20 minutes soon after the lamb has been in.
Include Redcurrant Gravy Together With Your Roasted Lamb
This is so easy to create and also the great accompaniment in the lamb and potatoes
Lamb liquid 2tbsp redcurrant jelly 200ml lamb stock 1tbsp cornflour
- When the lamb has finished cooking, strain the liquid on the cooking tray straight into a pan with your redcurrant jelly along with the lamb stock and heat until simmering.
- In a bowl, mix the cornflour with small amount of water, then whisk in the pan and simmer further for 1-2 min’s right up until thickened.
For even more advantages and ideal roasting, select the only best – La Caja China Roasting Box! This will cook your lamb roast in a quicker time not like any other conventional sorts of roasting. This is in fact the optimal roaster for you lamb. To have detailed guidelines, you can download the eBook for free and own a Lamb Roast Recipe!