Combine all your ingredients for the beef rib rub.
Rub meat, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
The next day, line the pan with foil to avoid a lot of clean up.
Fire up your roasting box.
Rub your 7 racks of beef ribs.
Face them down in the box.
Get 7lbs of charcoal and divide them into two piles. Light them.
35 minutes into roasting, spread the charcoal on top of the roaster.
60 minutes into roasting, add 7lbs of coal.
90 minutes into roasting, respread the coals.
Two hours and thirty minutes into roasting, mop the ribs and add the remaining 7lbs of coal.
While waiting, combine all ingredients for the finishing sauce.
Four hours into cooking, you can flip the ribs “face up”, mop them again and brown the tops.
Check every fifteen minutes until you attain your desired color and taste.
Serve with a little finishing sauce basked in the glory!
Enjoy with your friends and family.
Beef Ribs in Your La Caja China
Aside from this fanstastic recipe, we also have a printable worksheet that can be your guide when making roast beef and prime rib.
Prime Rib and Roast Beef Worksheet
1. Place meat on the rack, fatty side down.
2. Place rack with meat inside the box.
3. Cover box with the ash pan and charcoal grid.
4. Add 14 lbs. of charcoal for Model #1 Box or 16lbs. for Model #2 Box and light up the charcoal on top of the grid.
5. Once lit (20-25 minutes) spread the charcoal evenly over the charcoal grid.
6. Cooking time starts right now.
7. After 1 hour (1st hour) open the box flip the meat over, connect the wired thermometer probe in the center of the meat, close the box and add 8 lbs. of charcoal.
8. Continue to add 9 lbs. of charcoal every hour until you reach the desired temperature on the meat thermometer.
Follow all these steps and you will definitely get sumptuous and tasty Ribs! Make sure to download our free eBook to learn more step by step details on how to use your roaster. We hope that you will enjoy this La Caja China Beef Ribs Recipe!