Bringing Family and Friends together one Caja China at a time
Follow these instructions to cook perfect, fall-off-the-bone ribs with La Caja China (Model #1 and #2).
1. Place ribs on top of the rack bone side up and attach top rack using the 4 S-Hooks.
2. Place ribs inside the box, bone side up.
3. Cover box with the ash pan and charcoal grid.
4. Add 16 lbs. of charcoal for model #1, or 20 lbs. for model #2 and light up.
5. Once lit, (20 – 25 minutes) spread the charcoal evenly over the charcoal grid.
6. Cooking time starts immediately.
7. After the first hour, open the box by removing the complete set of ash pan and grid together and place it on top of the long handles.
8. Now flip the ribs, bone side down.
9. Cover the box again with the ash pan and charcoal grid and add 10 lbs of charcoal.
10. Cook for an extra 30 – 45 minutes until done.
11. Enjoy your favorite food with your friends and family!