Pig Roasting is great fun and easy. The basic principles need to be understood and its plain sailing. The Pig Roasting outcome is dependant of the type of the roaster and of the meat being used.
Our ancestors did this – they hunted meat, wrapped it in leaves and covered with rocks. Today we do Pig Roasting in an oven, pig roaster or BBQ grills. Pig Roasting is more fun & the flavours achieved are unique and much better than those in an oven. Undeniably BBQ !
Use The Right Tools for Your Roast Pig
A better produced Pig Roasting will give you a predictable outcome. As long as you are using the right pig roaster and a nice whole pig, you can never go wrong. Just be sure to get your spices ready and your sauce done before the pig gets cooked to complete your BBQ event.
Want to win friends and influence people ? Do a great Pig Roasting with La Caja China Roasting Box! Nothing beats the great ambiance of a party around La Caja China. Your guests will be most impressed and touched. Add in a bottle of red wine, with great friends or family & an amazing Pig Roasting BBQ.
Easy Steps to Follow When Roasting a Pig
- The basic technique – called ‘Indirect Cooking’ on either a Charcoal or Gas Hooded BBQ. Don’t use the burners directly under the food. Instead, the food you’re wanting to roast is placed in the middle of the bbq. Turn off the burner under the food and leave on the exterior burners to either side on low. Close the BBQ Hood to retain the heat via convection cooking. This way the underside of the food wont get burnt nor will the bbq flare-up. Rather the heat & flavours get trapped around the food cooking it evenly and slowly.
- Getting started – you’ll need a hooded bbq, sufficient fuel – for charcoal use heat-beads not easy-lites, a roast holder, porcelain or cast-iron roasting dish, enamel drip pan or aluminum tray & meat thermometer.
- Prepare the food – you’ll get better results if you let the food stand outside the fridge for a few minutes prior to starting. If you intend to marinade, do this well in advance, as this will give you a better flavour. Marinating meat is optional but will help tenderize the food and keep it moist whilst cooking.
- Prepare the bbq – Always preheat the bbq by turning all burners on high & close the hood – leave for about 5 mins till temperature gauge is hot. Timing will depend on your bbq & its size and design. Avoid over heating during the pre-heat.
- Position the roast onto the pig roaster. ( Leave the roasting tray in the bbq during preheating) You can use these juices as the basis for your gravy – Just add a little flour, stir and heat on your BBQ Side-burner. Again some units have a more even heat modulated Side-burners and will get this gravy done in only a few minutes.
- Cooking – Make sure the heat is not directly under the food. On a gas bbq, turn off the burners below the food or on a charcoal bbq, ensure the coals are at either side in a charcoal basket. Maintain a low to medium setting inside the hood by turning all remaining burners to the low position. All vents in charcoal unit must be open. Use a temp gauge to check the internal temperature of the roast.
On the other hand if you want a more convenient and efficient way of pig roasting, purchase only La Caja China Roasting Box for your great party! This is the most innovative and elegant pig roaster. This can cook almost anything from vegetables, chickens, turkeys and one whole pig. So make that simple party extravagant by kicking a couple of notches up and start a Pig Roasting frenzy!