If you’re pondering upon a delicacy that will satisfy your visitor’s cravings and will definitely enjoy its delectable taste , try serving them pork shoulder. Aided with the number one roasting box which is La Caja China and this exceptional pork shoulder roast recipe – You can never go wrong!
- 3 to 4 quarts cold water
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 1 bone-in pork shoulder, about 7 pounds
- Cilantro and achiote seasoning (recommended: Sazon Goya with Cilantro and Achiote)
- Sour Orange-Habanero Dipping Sauce, recipe follows
- Special Equipment: La Caja China
Directions on Cooking Pork Shoulder Roast
- Whisk together the water, salt, sugar, and peppercorns in an extra large stockpot or huge plastic-type bucket until the majority of the salt and sugar have mixed. Place the pork shoulder in the mixture, making sure that it’s completely submerged, and refrigerate for around 12 hours or up to 24 hours. Remove pork, rinse well with cold water after that pat dry. Season the pork with cilantro and achiote seasoning.
- Prepare the La Caja China with respect to the manufacturer’s instructions. Put pork, skin side down, in the box and carefully fill up the pan to its whole capacity with lit coals. grill for 1 hour, cautiously uncover (you will need to guard yourself from the high temperature) of the La Caja China roasting box, and switch the pork over. Whenever you switch the pork shoulder, make a few small slashes in the skin. Cover the La Caja China roasting box, increase the charcoal when necessary, and continue roasting for two to two 1/2 more hours. Do not ever uncover until eventually pork is completely cooked. On the other hand, you may bbq the pork; begin on high heat to char it and then lower the heat, cover, and cook until eventually ideal stage of doneness. You may utilize a rotisserie.
- If your meat is finished cooking, take it off from the La Caja China roasting box and let rest for about 15 minutes prior to chopping. Slice and serve aided by the Sour Orange-Habanero Dipping Marinade.
Pork Shoulder Recipe With Sour Orange-Habanero Dipping Marinade:
- 4 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 to 1 whole habanero chile, chopped (depending on how hot you like it)
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup pure olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat grill to high. Deliver orange juice and lime juice to a boil in an average non-reactive saucepan on the grates of the griller and cook until finally reduced to about 2 cups. Allow it to cool a little bit. Put the mixture to a blender or food processor and include the onion, garlic, habanero, vinegar, along with honey and blend until it’s smoother.Together with the electric motor running, slowly pour in the oil and blend till emulsified. Add in the pepper and salt, to taste. Let cool to room temperature prior to serving.
Follow all these steps and you will definitely get sumptuous and tasty pork shoulder! Make sure to download our free eBook to learn more step by step details on how to use your roaster. We hope that you will enjoy this La Caja China Pork Shoulder Roast Recipe!